Sketchfab has a library of millions of 3D objects created and uploaded by users. Some objects have been created in 3D design software whilst others have been digitally scanned in 3D. Users include individuals sharing personal objects and large museums and heritage organisations sharing their archive. Objects can be explored on screen, or in Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality. You can even download objects and print on a 3D printer! Search for objects from the World Wars and share them to the WorldWars.eu community. Or you could 3D scan objects from your family, school, or local museum, add them to Sketchfab free of charge, then share on WorldWars.eu. Please see our other toolkits for how to 3D scan objects using your smartphone or tablet.
How do I share the artefact?
- Search for an object using a keyword or upload your own 3D object to your Sketchfab account
- Copy the page URL (link) for the 3D object
- Go to ‘My Artefacts’ on WorldWars.eu (after logging in)
- Click ‘New’ to create a new artefact
- Click on ‘Insert Media Link’
- Paste the URL (link) into the pop-up box and click OK
- You will see a preview of your 3D object
- Complete the other sections (Title, Short Description, Tags, Category, Artefact text)
- Click ‘Save & Close’; your 3D object will then be shared with the WorldWars.eu community