Google My Maps
Google My Maps is a tool which enables you to create custom maps highlighting locations on a Google map. You can add markers, draw shapes, add text notes, add photos, group items, and lots more.
The great thing is that maps can be collaborative so you could create and edit a map with others.
You could use My Maps to mark and share information about the locations of battles, or signifcant places in towns and cities during the wars. You could even use it to create a digital trail around your local area.
How do I share the artefact?
- Sign in via the website using your Google account
- Click ‘Get Started’, then ‘Create a new map’
- Use the various functions to create your map. Don’t forget to add a title and description.
- If you would like to collaborate with others then you can click ‘Share’ then invite them using their email address
- To publish it, click ‘Share’ then change the access from Private to ‘On – Anyone with the link’
- Copy the link
- Paste the link into your artefact and complete the other information, then click Save & Close
- You now will see your map embedded into your artefact on on WorldWars.eu